Many thanks to Sally at Breaking Cover
who has kindly nominated my blog for a Leibster Award.
(This award is for blogs that have less than 200 followers)
Liebster Award Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator; list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Award to 11 bloggers, who have blogs with 200 followers or less, whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on the blogs letting the owners know they have been chosen. (No tag backs.)
4. Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.
Here are my answers to Sally's questions:
- What motivates you to blog? I like to write
- Who would you like to play you in a film about your life? Emily Procter from CSI: Miami
- Bath tub or shower? Shower
- Which figure from history would you like to meet and why? Walt Whitman because I would like to tell him how much his poem "O Captain, My Captain" meant to me when I was 7 years old and first discovered poetry
- What is the most extravagant thing you’ve ever bought? A Chevy S-10 Pickup Truck
- Which book/film/song/poem/photo/artwork etc always moves you to sadness? Pat Metheny's "Chris" It's an older jazz tune and there is something about the way it's written, the notes of the song (there's no words) and the way they are composed that makes me tear up
- And which one always makes you happy? Anything painted by Georgia O'Keeffe
- Night owl or lark? I use to be a night owl but now I'm more of a lark
- What is your favourite food? Mexican
- If there was one thing you could change about yourself what would it be? I'm happy with myself the way I am
- Do you like Mondays? Most of the time, but Friday and Saturday are my favorite days of the week
|This is where I sit an write|
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I enjoy meeting people
- I try to get outside into the fresh air as much as I can
- And of course, gardening is one of my favorite activities
- I love looking out windows and watching traffic pass by
- I like to walk around my neighborhood whenever I can and everyone's pets come out to say "hello" to me
- My favorite color is green (see above)
- I like to listen to jazz
- I'm never without a book
- My living room looks like a jungle because I have so many plants
- My favorite seasons are spring and fall (although summer isn't bad either)
- I'm a published author, with many of my poems appearing in magazines and anthology's
|It's a jungle (in my living room)|
My questions for my nominees:
- What prompted you to start your blog?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Car of city bus?
- Where do you get your blogging ideas?
- How often do you post?
- Favorite color?
- Do you use other forms of social media besides blogging?
- What are some of your favorite blogs?
- Books or movies?
- What piece of advice can you give other bloggers?
- What's your favorite way to relax?